You can have your dip and feel good about eating it too. This recipe that I engineered today Is so delicious and satisfying it will be a hit at any gathering. You don’t need to mention that it’s non-dairy, no cholesterol, low fat, and your vegan friends can eat it too. I ate it as a dip with my favorite chip as pictured below but it could also be a creamy salad dressing or even a topping on a baked potato, or on beans or even on your favorite soup. You will see by the recipe that this meal in a dip has protein and vegetables!
Recipe is is as follows:
1 package of extra firm tofu – drain water by letting sit in a strainer – press to remove most of the packing water.
4 cups fresh baby spinach – cleaned and dry
6 green onions – clean and chop
1 avocado – remove peel and cut up and place in small bowl then add the lime juice, stir to coat avocado, and set aside
1 lime – juiced – about 1/8 cup – pour the lime juice over avocado as previously mentioned
1/8 cup raw unsweetened almond butter
Old Bay Seasoning – 2 tsp or to taste
nutritional yeast – 3 tbsp or to taste
- Add half the block of tofu, crumbled into the food processor, add the avocado, scrape bowl to get all the lime juice.
- Pulse processor and blend on low speed, scrape sides with spatula often until smooth.
- Add the spinach and green onions, repeat step 2.
- Add Old Bay and nutritional yeast and repeat step 2.
- Add almond butter, and repeat step 2.
- Add the rest of tofu crumbled, and repeat step 2.
Makes about 3 cups – serve with chips or as a dressing on salad, baked potato, pasta, or many other uses.